Saturday, May 3, 2008

ISE 6 Scarf

As I mentioned earlier, I'm taking part in the 6th International Scarf Exchange. I've had my pal's info for a month now and have been trying out different things. I've tried three different patterns in two different yarns and wasn't happy with any of them. Nothing seemed to be clicking and I was getting worried! But I've finally found a pattern and yarn combo I'm happy with!



It has been hard for me to find the right balance between wanting to knit a really pretty scarf, and finding one that's not above and beyond my skill level. I'll be looking at patterns on Ravelry and think, "That would be perfect for my pal!" However, I don't stop to think, "Hey Amy... That's probably way above what you can do right now." I have to keep reminding myself that new skills and techinques will come with every new project, and that someday I'll be able to knit any pattern my heart desires! But until then I need to take it slow and steady and build up my knitting repertoire.

I cast on last week and I'm really happy with how it's looking, I hope my pal will like it, too! I've had a lot of t.v./knitting time lately, so it's almost halfway done. Jarrod and I are visiting some friends in Cincinnati tonight so the car trip will give me more time. Not to mention my down time tomorrow! I've been known to waste Sunday afternoons watching The Hallmark Channel (I love me some Crime Drama movies) and knitting away. I have no doubt I'll have it finished and blocked within the next week or two!

No comments: