Saturday, May 3, 2008

Textured Scarf



I finished the textured scarf I was working on for Jarrod's mom 2 months ago, and when we visited last month I was able to give it to her. Jarrod and I drove to WI to spend time with his family. I've asked her to email me a picture taken when she is wearing it, so hopefully I'll update this with another picture soon! We played lots of Euchre, drank lots of beer, and ate lots of cheese!

Jarrod's brother and SIL are expecting a baby in August. I'm so happy for them, and for the chance to knit baby stuff! My list of handmade gifts includes a baby blanket (and a little bunny blanket buddy!), a baby hat, some baby booties and/or socks, and a little cardigan. If I have more time I'd love to try my hand at knitting (maybe even crocheting!) a few more adorable patterns I've found.

But the baby projects will have to wait for a little bit, while I get my scarf swaps in order. The Ravelry College Knitters Swap deadline was the end of April. I was really happy with the scarf and goodies I sent. I hope Cheryl likes them, too! I'll be sure to update when I receive her package! And now I'm knitting for my International Scarf Exchange 6 pal. That one needs to be shipped out the end of this month.

No comments: